So this is really a family recipe. We all make different versions of it but the stand out ingredients are mint and apple. Adding these really makes this soup sing. We all love a blended soup too.
6 medium carrots
7 medium tomatoes or a tin of tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
3 bay leaves
a handful of mint
a teaspoon of salt
grind of pepper
half a teaspoon of angostura bitters
a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce
a dash of single cream or vegan cream
1) Peel the carrots and chop into slices
2) Peel the onions and chop finely
3) Peel and chop garlic
4) Chop up the apple discard the core
5) Heat 2 big glugs of olive oil in a pan
6)Sweat all the vegetables, apple and herbs in a pan for 15 minutes on a low heat, stirring now and again to prevent sticking. We add the herbs early to infuse the oil with flavour.
7) Add 1 stock cube in a pint of water
8) Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-35 minutes. Until the vegetables are soft. Or pressure cook for 5 minutes.
9) Add half a teaspoon of angostura bitters, a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce, a teaspoon of salt and a sprinkling of black pepper
10) Puree in a blender.
11) Serve with a spash of single cream or vegan cream. We are all dairy free so we go vegan cream every time. Add a mint leaf to look fancy. Enjoy!